Rico is an open-source application framework led by Karakun supporting you to build better solutions in less time.
- Java 11 compatibility (while still compatible with Java 8)
- JavaEE migrated to JakartaEE
- Spring Boot dependency updated to 2.2.6
Keycloak updated to 9.0.3
- updated dependencies
- a minor change in date-handling
- now available via npm repository: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@rico-projects/rico-js
- Updated to use rico-js 1.1.0
We also updated our samples so you can use these as a reference.
What benefits can you expect from Java 11 compatibility?
- de-tangles JavaFX from releases by Oracle
- provides Java Module System support
- clear, technically supported/enforced separation between public/private API
- hide transitive dependencies
With this release, we fulfill some of the steps planned in our roadmap. The next thing that will be addressed is the optimization of the Rico remoting protocol.
Have fun using Rico to build awesome solutions and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.